Pickle Market size is estimated to reach $12.3 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Pickles can be demarcated as relics or pieces of vegetables and fruit stored in vinegar to extend a strong flavor to them. Pickles across the globe are commonly prepared from fruit, vegetables, meat, and seafood. However, vegetable pickles and fruit pickles are the most widely consumed forms. The pieces of fruit and vegetables are mixed with vinegar, salt, brine, and several spices and allowed to mature after placing them inside a jar so that the desired taste can be achieved. Preservatives and food additives like EDTA and Alum are frequently used in pickling for enhancing the crisp texture and shelf life of pickles.
The top 5 players in the Pickle industry are –
1. Pinnacle Foods Inc
2. Reitzel S.A.
3. Del Monte Foods
4. Kraft Heinz
5. ADF Foods
Interested in knowing more relevant information? Click here:
1. Pickle Market based on the packaging type can be further segmented into plastic containers, glass jars, and multi-layered coextruded pouches. The glass and plastic jar segment held the largest share in 2021. The glass has been the primary choice for manufacturers when it comes to pickle storage as glass extends protection against microbes, sunlight, and air which might turn the pickle bitter and rancid.
2. Pickle Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America held the largest share with 32% of the overall market in 2021. The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as escalating demand for pickled olives and cucumber in North American countries like Canada.
3. Pickle Market based on distribution channels can be further segmented into offline (supermarket/hypermarket, convenience stores, brick-and-mortar stores) and online. The offline segment held the largest share in 2021. The growth is owing to their far-reaching presence, extensive range of products, suitable for bulk shopping, product inspection options, alluring discount, and easy returns.
Fruit (Mango, Apple, Plums, Peaches, Grapes, Olives, Pears, and Others), Vegetables (Cucumber, Carrot, Bell peppers, Cabbage, and Others), Seafood, and Meat
Plastic containers, Glass Jars, and Multi-layered Coextruded stand-up Pouches.
By End User
Households, Hospitality venues
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of World
Get more detailed information about these segments in the report. Buy it here:
Market Drivers and Challenges:
1. Bettering retail and disposable incomes in developing countries is anticipated to boost market demand : In February 2021, China declared itself free from extreme poverty and claimed that 128,000 villages and 832 poor counties have been brought out of squalid and poor conditions which means that today every working Chinese citizen is earning more than $620 annually. In addition to that, with a staggering $3.3 trillion in exports, China was the only country on planet earth with a positive growth rate during the pandemic.
2. Health benefits linked with moderate consumption of pickle and the trend of cross-culture cuisines is expected to boost market demand : According to a report, nearly 10.5 percent of the total world population has diabetes in 2021; whereas, the figure is likely to reach 12 percent by 2045. Moreover, obesity is another major problem that has come to the foreground in recent years which is aiding the market positively.
3. Side-effects linked with immoderate consumption, rising inflation, and strangled demand and supply chain are Anticipated to hamper the market growth : Several vegetable pickles have been titled “carcinogenic” by WHO; moreover, the British Journal of Cancer has linked immoderate pickle consumption with oesophageal cancer. Sometimes fungus facilitates the growth of N-nitroso compounds which possess carcinogenic properties.
IndustryARC is one of the leading market research and consulting firms in the world. It produces over 500 unique market reports annually. Get detailed report on preferred market as per your specific requirements and our research experts would customize the report for you.
USA: (+1) 614-588-8538, (+1) 815-656-4596
A. Global Hot Pot Condiment Market
B. Spices Market
Company Name: IndustryARC
Contact Person: Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email: Send Email
Phone: (+1) 970-236-3677