The December issue of Best’s Review examines the trends most likely to make an impact in the new year. “Insurers Look Ahead to 2024 and Key Issues: Catastrophes, Inflation, Layoffs, AI and More” features discussions with industry experts about upcoming hot topics.
- “Top Audit and Actuarial Firms” features a magazine-exclusive ranking based on loss reserves that focuses on independent accountants and third-party actuaries.
- “Industry Panel: Pandemic Could Leave Excess Mortality Levels High for Some Time” examines the implications of higher mortality levels and what panelists had to say about them during a Society of Actuaries event.
- “Greater Health Screenings Could Save Life Insurers Money and Improve Mortality, Group Says” looks at the details behind a nonprofit group’s proposal to cut costs and reduce mortality rates.
- “AM Best: Growth in Insurers’ Private Equity Investments Slowed Significantly in 2022” features an interview that dives into the decline of insurers’ investments in private equity.
- “Annuities Newcomer Aspida Life Reaping the Benefits of a Fruitful Market” looks at the success of the recent entrant into the annuities market and its future plans.
- “Xceedance: What the AI Revolution Means for the Insurance Industry” features a transcript of the final discussion from a series of recent special presentations on AI’s impact.
Best’s Review is AM Best’s monthly insurance magazine, covering emerging issues and trends and evaluating their impact on the marketplace. Access to the complete content of Best’s Review is available here.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2023 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Executive Editor, Best’s Review®
+1 908 882 1771