SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 07, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Myriad Genetics, Inc., (NASDAQ: MYGN), a leader in genetic testing and precision medicine, highlighted impactful clinical studies from 2022 that underscore the company’s commitment to making genetic testing more accessible and equitable for all patient populations. To advance precision medicine, Myriad is dedicated to ongoing research and has published evidence demonstrating technological and scientific innovation in the areas of mental health, oncology, and women’s health.
Highlights from 2022 include:
- Myriad and researchers from several collaborating institutions described the development and validation of RiskScore®, a breast cancer polygenic risk score (PRS) for women of all ancestries, in a study published in JCO Precision Oncology. Consistent with Myriad’s goal of supporting equitable cancer risk assessment, RiskScore is the first risk prediction model that combines a PRS validated for women of all ancestries with clinical and biological variables.
- The combinatorial approach used by the GeneSight® Psychotropic test exceeds the effectiveness of single-gene testing at predicting sertraline metabolism in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD), as demonstrated in a study published in Psychiatry Research. The GeneSight algorithm assists providers in choosing medications that will be most effective for each of their patients, improving access to personalized care for those with depression.
- Myriad researchers identified a carrier screening panel that is consistent with professional society guidelines and supports equity in care compared to ethnicity-specific carrier screening programs. The study, published in Genetics in Medicine, determined that the panel would identify more than 96% of couples at risk of having children with a serious disease, regardless of their ethnicity.
- Prolaris® predicts which patients can safely forego Androgen Deprivation Therapy (ADT) and still have a low risk of metastasis, as shown in a study published in The International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology and Physics. This helps patients and their providers make personalized decisions about what type of therapeutic regimen will be most effective while avoiding unwanted side effects.
- Results from EndoPredict® are significantly associated with risk of distant recurrence in premenopausal women with ER+, HER2- early-stage breast cancer, shown by a study published in Clinical Cancer Research, a journal of the American Association for Cancer Research. EndoPredict provides information to premenopausal women regarding whether they have a very low recurrence risk and could therefore safely avoid adjuvant chemotherapy as part of their treatment plans.
- A version of the MyChoice® Homologous Recombination Deficiency (HRD) assay can be successfully run in a decentralized fashion, according to a study published in the Journal of Molecular Diagnostics by Myriad researchers and collaborators. MyChoice provides important information about treatment strategies for patients with ovarian cancer, and the ability of other laboratories to offer the HRD assay increases patient access to this test.
“The findings from these studies, along with the 11 others published by Myriad in 2022, represent important steps forward in our quest to improve patient outcomes, expand access and reduce healthcare disparities in genetic testing,” said Dale Muzzey, chief scientific officer, Myriad Genetics. “As we look to the year ahead and beyond, we’re excited about the new data we have to share and the high-impact clinical studies that we currently have underway to advance the prevention, detection and treatment of disease.”
In addition to the studies published by Myriad, many independent studies supporting Myriad’s products were also published in 2022, including:
- The Precision Medicine in Mental Health Care study conducted by the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, study results showed that major depressive disorder remission rates were significantly improved when clinicians had access to Myriad’s GeneSight Psychotropic test results.
- Studies underscoring the utility of TruSight Oncology 500 (TSO500), which powers Myriad’s Precise Tumor test, in directing therapeutic management tailored to a patient’s unique tumor genomic profile. One of many examples is a study published in the Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, which found that TSO500 accurately predicted response to pembrolizumab, one of the most common and effective immunotherapy treatments for several cancer types.
About Myriad Genetics
Myriad Genetics is a leading genetic testing and precision medicine company dedicated to advancing health and well-being for all. Myriad develops and offers genetic tests that help assess the risk of developing disease or disease progression and guide treatment decisions across medical specialties where genetic insights can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. For more information, visit www.myriad.com.
Myriad, the Myriad logo, BRACAnalysis, BRACAnalysis CDx, Colaris, Colaris AP, MyRisk, Myriad MyRisk, MyRisk Hereditary Cancer, MyChoice CDx, Prequel, Prequel with Amplify, Amplify, Foresight, Precise, FirstGene, SneakPeek, Health.Illuminated., RiskScore, Prolaris, GeneSight, and EndoPredict are trademarks or registered trademarks of Myriad Genetics, Inc. © 2022 Myriad Genetics, Inc. All rights reserved.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements relating new data the company has to share and high-impact studies that the company currently has underway. These “forward-looking statements” are management’s expectations of future events as of the date hereof and are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, conditions, and events to differ materially and adversely from those anticipated. Such factors include those risks described in the company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on February 25, 2022, as well as any updates to those risk factors filed from time to time in the company’s Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q or Current Reports on Form 8-K.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:|
|Glenn Farrell||Matt Scalo|
|(801) 584-1153||(801) 584-3532|